How to block a website in Google Chrome
You can block a website or websites in Google Chrome for many reasons. Many websites certainly
distract from work. Many websites are not suitable for children.
Google Chrome blocks thousands of sites that are dangerous or contain viruses. However, it does not block websites by content nor will not warn you not to spend too much time on social networks or entertainment sites.
Here is an easy and free way to block a website in Google Chrome. However, it has serious disadvantages.
How to block a website with HT Employee Monitor
1. Download and install HT Employee Monitor.
2. Open the program.
3. On the Controls menu click Website Blocking.
4. Click the Add button near the Banned Websites list.
5. Enter the website address you want to block or a keyword
5. Click Apply.
Our program has many other features that you can find useful. It allows you to:
- Block a website by keywords
- Block categories of websites (social networks, chats, games, etc)
- Block all websites except White List
- Block applications (instant messengers, games, etc)
- Monitor user activities (visited websites, launched applications, typed keystrokes, screenshots, etc.)
- Receive remote reports (via Email or FTP)
How to block a website with Google Chrome Options
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Click the Wrench symbol in the upper right corner.
3. Click Options.
4. Click the Under the Hood tab.
5. Choose the Change Proxy Settings button.
6. On the Security tab, click Restricted Sites.
7. Click the Site buttons.
8. Type an URL of unwanted website, for example, www.youtube.com, and click the Add button.
9. Close the window.
Disadvantages of blocking websites with Google Chrome options
1.Impossible to block groups of websites or block websites by category
For example, if you want to protect your children from adult content you need at least to enter URLs of thousands adult websites. Moreover, it will be useless in a month because a new thousand websites will be formed. In such cases, the most reasonable is to block websites by a category. Unfortunately, Google Chrome does not provide such an opportunity.
2. Google Chrome blocking is easy to bypass
Launch another browser or to use an online anonymizer will suffice to visit the banned website. In addition, the ban can be easily removed, for example, in the same way it was set. Other methods of removing the ban you can easily find in the Internet.
3. Not universal
Naturally, the blocking a website in Google Chrome will not be valid for other browsers. In addition, this may be true even for other computer users in Google Chrome. For example, if you blocked a website in Google Chrome under your computer account, it can be opened under a different account.
4. It can block just website main page
Unfortunately it's true. If you banned facebook.com user can easily get facebook.com/ladygagathe. Enter in Google Chrome all pages of an unwanted website is just unreal.
If you want to block a website without all of these disadvantages let us introduce our program HT Employee Monitor. We don't make you buy our program. We suggest seeing for yourself. Try to block a website with Google Chrome options and with our software free for 15 days.